Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Antiquities...

Dan and I don't normally get many weekends off where we can do whatever we want. We are very busy most of the time, especially with Noah. We do a lot of family stuff at home, and go to a lot of car shows. Dan and I rarely get one on one time. Well this weekend was one of the first weekends that we've had to do whatever we want in a long time. On Saturday, my Dad, Cara, Court Lynn (Cara's niece), and their 5 wiener dogs came for a visit. I think Sophie had a blast... she was running circles around her sisters and her parents. She was so excited.

Sunday, Dan and I had a slow morning, made some coffee, and hung out. We decided to go on a day trip to Arcadia to go antiquing. We had a really great time. We went to the opera house, which had creaking floors, the original stage with wooden catwalks above, and a very eerie spooky old charm (if those words make any sense-- thats the best I can describe it). It was a very interesting place, with interesting people.

We didn't get to see all of the antique shops because we got a late start. We got some cool stuff, a VW jack, vintage cooler, and a child's seat for a Schwinn bicycle.

We stopped at an ice cream shop and got some dinner, I had BBQ Pulled Pork, and Dan had a Maryland Crab Cake Sandwich... (the crab cakes were a little weird on a sandwich). I had homemade Maple Walnut ice cream with hot fudge and caramel, and Dan had a Chocolate Turtle Sundae.

We really had a nice Sunday together.

1 comments:

GreenLikeTheColor said...

Kevin and I went antiquing in Arcadia once. It was a lot of fun. Some of those shops have some really cool old things. We got him an elephant cookie cutter. He loves it!

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»