2009 is almost over, and I can't figure out where it went. It seems like it was a month ago when Dan and I got married, but we are quickly approaching our 1 year anniversary.Looking at this blog, I realized that I haven't even posted on here since August. We have been that busy. I have actually been dreading time moving by so quickly. I've been worrying about it. Everyone I have talked to says that it just keeps going faster and faster. I was worrying about it so much that I even Googled "How to slow time down."
I found a couple of different theories on how the time we have left seems to go faster as we age and from them I have devised a plan to make time in my life and Dan's life more enjoyable and longer. They say that our brains get into routines that make time go by much faster. What we see on a day to day basis becomes blurred, especially if we see the same thing over and over again. Our minds only recognize pieces instead of taking everything in.
One idea was to be more mindful of your surroundings and to try to see things in a different perspective than the day before. Another was to open yourself up to new hobbies, travels, and other things, and to always be taking in more information.
I've come up with my own personal solution. Driving home from work on different routes to change up my daily routine, and changing up my daily habits to make more quality time for Dan and I. Dan and I are also going to focus on taking more trips away from home. We'd like to break up our work years a little better and open ourselves up to some new scenery.
Our agenda for next year is driving to the Classic in California. For what's left of this year we might take a cruise or go to Vegas. In the near future we'd like to visit Europe. I personally would like to see Iceland. Over the next year we are going to hit up some car shows we haven't been to and take some road trips. I still would like to drive Route 66 one day.
As an update to my previous post...
Dan and I went to Atlanta for the Dixie Fried Drive-Invasion 2009. We visited some friends while we were in Atlanta, and also drove to Chattanooga for two days. We really enjoyed Chattanooga. We even spent the night at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo (one of my personal goals). We rode the Incline Railway up to Lookout Mountain and really enjoyed the scenery. We also stopped at some Antique Shops along our trip and picked up some new favorite possessions.
I solved my car dilemma by trading in the Audi on a new-to-me car, her name is Anita. I've been working on Noah's bathroom some more, and we ripped up the carpet in the living room.



0 comments:
Post a Comment