Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

And then it was winter...

Today is my birthday, and I can't stop thinking about my Dad calling me. My Dad passed away in September, and its hard for me to get through a day without thinking about him, especially today.

Every year he called me to wish me a happy birthday and tell me that he loved me - every year. I can hear his voice in my head, asking me about my life, my job, my cars, my pets, school, and the like. Today and yesterday I have been remembering all of the times that he called and what I was doing each time I talked to him. I remember talking to him when I was in Atlanta, numerous times when I was at home, laying in bed, I remember talking to him in the courtyard of my old employer. He was always so captivating.

I remember him bringing me a present on my birthday to surprise me when I was little. I ran all the way up to driveway to see him (our driveway was really long). I remember him giving me a toy horse, and a girl at my birthday party stepped on it and broke its leg. I was crushed. I refused to get another one, because my Dad bought me that one, so we hot glued his leg on, and I played and played with him all the time.

In 2007, he surprised me for my birthday, and he met my husband for the first time. We sat together, had coffee and talked... It was simple, but nice.

Daddy, I miss you. I love you. I wish you were here. I wish I could hear your voice today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»