Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Home Renovation Part 5,621

If you don't already know... we're DIY kind of people. We tend to get ourselves into projects all the time. They're mostly my idea..



Our Current project? More Flooring.. In the Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen & Hallway 650 sqft.

Our current hate? Tile Flooring.

Why? Because when you lay tile over vinyl flooring, it doesn't come up.. and there is so much dust that your whole house is covered, and you can't breathe.. When you do breathe you have to cough all the time, and your boogers are red from the ceramic. A little too graphic? I'm sorry really I am.. I am just over this whole tile removal process. We've been wearing masks and I still can't breathe.



My Darling Husband has been wonderful... He's been working his butt off to get this tile gone. I've been working my butt off to clean up the mess left by him and his "machine". I've also been doing yard work and photographing progress while he's been hammering away.

I am a person who works well under pressure... If I have a deadline, I normally put off until the last possible minute to get it done. So when is the deadline?

Father's Day - 10 days from now.

...and we just got up most of the tile, we still have base boards to rip up, concrete to level, and thinset to scrape up before we can even begin to put down our long time coming new flooring.

Dan tells me that he wishes he had a wife that didn't come up with so many projects, or at least one that would pay someone to do this kind of work.

I tell him that I am keeping him young. :]

I'm really excited for the weekend, because I will get to install the new floor alongside Dan, we work really well together on these types of projects. I just couldn't help much with the demolition because we only had one tool.



Mom is coming to help out with clean-up tonight. Hopefully we'll make our deadline. Did I mention we invited the whole family over for Father's Day?? Yeppp we sure did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»