Saturday Dan and I woke up early and went to an equipment & consignment auction. It was outside and about 105 sizzling degrees. We scored a couple of awesome items; An old marquee sign, a yard edger, a vehicle mounted stop light, a dresser that almost matches a desk I have, and a sweet antique gunk parts washer, which is now a table in our home.
At around noon, I had to leave Dan at the auction and venture home to prepare for a friend of mine's baby shower. Jamie if you're reading this, I love you, but I hate baby showers... It pretty much sucked.
Sunday we went to breakfast with our friends at the Route 80 Restaurant... MmmmmMm... I wish I could have an Edison Skillet right now.
After that we went out to Lowes, argued with the sales team there, and left with 31 boxes of wood flooring for $1.92/sq.ft. Originally it was $4.75... Another store had it on clearance for $1.92, but they didn't have enough boxes for our 650 ft. project. Yay for creative bargaining techniques! I even argued when they rang it up at $2.00/sq.ft... which is something I never do. We both felt pretty accomplished when we left.
This happened within 15 minutes of us being home... (**Note the marquee sign from the auction)

Our New Floor.. :]

And this is what I came home to last night... :-/

Happy House-Wrecking!!
Updates as they come..
Did we mention this project has a completion deadline? To be completed and cleaned up by Father's Day.. thats 12 days away.. EEeeEEEeeP!

Our New Floor.. :]

And this is what I came home to last night... :-/

Happy House-Wrecking!!
Updates as they come..
Did we mention this project has a completion deadline? To be completed and cleaned up by Father's Day.. thats 12 days away.. EEeeEEEeeP!



1 comments:
Oh my, I feel for you! Last summer I had several ton of rocks in my living room waiting to get put on my entry and 2 story fireplace, now THAT was fun! The mess will go away...I promise!
I'm Friday Following
~Lauri
http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com
Post a Comment