Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

10 second weekend...

Well, the weekend is over and it seems like it lasted, ohhh about as long as it will take me to type this.

Friday night, Dan headed up to Sebring to spend some time with Bailey since she was having one of those days. They went out got some dinner, and went to the craft store. During that time I got my hair did, and I <3 it a lot. After my hair appointment I met with Tanya, Mike and Lydia for some dinner at Tony Fantaroni's. Tony Fantaroni's is the only Italian restaurant that has a live bluegrass band playing. Yes you read that right, bluegrass at an Italian joint. Tanya and I shared a Chicken Teriyaki pizza, which was surprisingly very good.

Bailey wanted to come stay with us for the night, and we decided that it would be good for her to get out of the house and have some alone time. When they got home we all stayed up and chatted for a while and went to bed.

Saturday morning started off at 7 AM... We all got up to head back to Sebring to pick up Noah, and to drop Bailey off with her mom to get her hair did. After dropping Bailey off Dan and Noah got my car detailed, and then we all went to Wal-Mart to get Kutter a gift.

After that it was off to a birthday party with 20 or so crazy kids running around. Bailey called, and Dan went back to Sebring to pick her up so she could attend the party. Not that I like being a party pooper, but I don't do pool parties, so I hung out in the house most of the day, which was great for me, because I am not that social anyway... so yeah I guess I am a party pooper, whatever.

We left at about 10:30 or so, I drove the beetle, so I just headed home, while Dan dropped the kids off in Sebring. I was cruising along, going about fifty on Highway 27 when a cop pulls out of the median, and starts pacing me. I look in the sideview mirror to watch him for a minute, and he's just putting along with me, pacing me at fifty. This went on for 12 miles.

The worst thing is that I am sitting there waiting with anticipation for him to pull me over, and he just didn't, he just sat there pacing me. It would be one thing if the speed limit was 50, but its 55 or 60. The only reason I was going 50 was because A. I don't have a speedometer, and B. The car has a 36 hp motor. I turned onto SR-29, and on go the lights...

Finally! Do you know how much it sucks when you know you are going to get pulled over, but the officer wants to watch you squirm? A LOT! So I fumbled around the car for the registration, and gave him my license, and waited patiently. I am the most polite person when I get pulled over, because I am so nervous all the time (for what reason am I nervous? I have no idea).

The conversation went something like this:

Ma'am, may I see your License and Registration?

Yes, Sir, May I ask why you pulled me over

You have a tag light out.

Oh, I'm so sorry, Sir, I didn't realize it. I'll get my license for you now Sir, its in my purse.
fumbling through my wallet, where the hell did all of these cards come from?

I'm sorry it's taking so long, Sir. Its in here somewhere...
fumble, fumble, no not the husband's license, Doh!

Here it is, Sir. The registration is in the glove box, Sir, I am going to get it, if that's alright?

That's fine, you don't have any firearms or something that can hurt me in there, do you?

No, Sir, it's just a little tricky, sometimes you have to...
banging on the glove box
just, hit it the right way...
.... pop.....
There we go, I don't know which one is the most current?

(He points and takes the one that is current.)

Sir, Do you need my insurance?

Yes Ma'am.


At this point, I literally tore the entire car apart looking for that stupid insurance card. Back in the glove box, nope, not there, slam it closed, it falls open, slammed it close again, and again and again, gave up on that... Destroyed the parcel tray, tea, more tea, no, tampons, NO! (hide those) Looked under the seats, in my purse, in the door pocket, started panting.......

Ma'am, Do you have proof of insurance?

Yes, sir, it's here somewhere, I know I have the card.... panting and throwing stuff frantically...

Well, would you say its here in the car, or at home?

It's here, Sir, I just don't know where, its somewhere, I'll find it...


I'll be right back... I'm going to go check out your license.

He came back, no ticket for me, he issued me a warning for my tag light. Which was awesome, considering I am not going to be driving the beetle at night any time soon, but thats for later I guess. He let me go, since he was probably afraid I was going to have a panic attack.

On the way home the brakes on the car went out, but I made it safely...

Sunday we woke up at 10:30 (so much for sleeping in) to my mother calling us telling us that we just had to come to Port Charlotte to this swap meet thing. So we did, and it was alright. Dan scored an original EMPI Accessories catalog for $5, and some other goodies. The parts catalog goes for $200 on the Samba, so hopefully we'll make a buck on it.

We went to Asia Buffet in Cape Coral for lunch with my Mom, and family. Something new, I would call it the Asian Golden Corral. They had all you can eat sushi, which was definitely worth it! It was a pretty interesting experience.

We had dinner with Tanya, Mike, Lydia, Zeb and Angie at a Chicago Pizza place... it was alright.

All in all the weekend was good, busy, and lasted for ohh, about that long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»