So today Bailey was at school walking with her friends, and another kid spit on her, directly. None of her friends will fess up about who the kid was and she doesn't know the kid. I guess she had a meltdown over it.
The principle called Dan and tried talking to him about Bailey. She's having a really hard time at school, and just growing up in general. This is actually the second middle school this year. The worst part is that Bailey is an awesome, beautiful, intelligent (straight A's) girl... I think she just doesn't trust people enough to let them in and they shun her for it.
She thinks that I am 'too much fun, and not serious enough', I actually cried when I heard that. I know it seems ridiculous, but I try really hard to be fun, and to take her side when Dan is in a bad mood, because I want to be her friend. The reason I haven't taken on a serious role with her is because I don't want her to think that I am trying to be her mother. I'm not. I have no intention of taking her mother's place. I grew up with divorced parents, and I hated it when my Dad's new girlfriend tried to be my mother. It really pissed me off.
I just want to be there for the kids when they need me, and for them to know that I am always going to be there, and that I love them no matter how bad things are. I want to have fun with them, I think both Bailey and Noah need to be kids. They're young. The world doesn't end when you're 14, its only beginning.
I remember when I was 13 I wanted to be grown up in such a bad way. I quit doing all of the things that I thought were "childish", and traded them for seriousness. Since then I've been serious my whole life, and have only recently realized that it was better to have fun than to be serious and worry all the time.
I don't know what I am going to do, maybe I'll try not to joke as much.. :-/
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment