Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not enough time in the day...

Anyway, I am having a helluva time getting stuff done around the house, since Dan's finger is all screwed up. Poor thing has been in an awful mood lately, because he can't do anything, and because the Rabbit that we bought sucks, and has a vendetta against us (me) for some reason.

In the past week, I've transferred the tag from the Golf to the Rabbit, titled the Rabbit, drained the old stale gas out of it, put a fuel pump in the Rabbit, fixed some vacuum lines on it, replaced a check valve, drove it, let Bailey drive it, broke down in it, dragged it home, and most recently (last night) took the starter out of it.

Now as much as I would like to say that I replaced the starter, I didn't, because the starter that we ordered, and waited 5 days for, arrived, but didn't work...
I found this out after I laid down on the wet ground under the black widow infested car whilst putting my head in a puddle of oil, and removed the original starter. Thrilled I was. Yay, 3 more days of waiting!!

What's the rush on getting the Rabbit to run, you say? It's an Automatic, and because Dan's doctor enjoys making my life miserable, and he is insisting that Dan MUST have this ridiculous over-exaggerated splint on his whole hand because of his finger... so he can't shift the Golf, or my car for that matter without hurting himself. The F-350 has been Dan's transportation lately, and its costing us about $150 a week for him to drive it to work.

So was last night a complete and total loss? Of course not... My brilliant husband informed me that he can drive the beetle with his finger, because his hand won't hit the dash. What does this mean exactly? It means that I have to take my wheels off of my bus to swap with the ones that are on the beetle, because the ones that are on the beetle just won't work. Was it as easy as it sounds? Nope, it never is. Since my bus is lowered I actually had to drop both axles to get the rear wheels off.. and run in between both cars, since there is only one of me and one jack. Thank goodness for jack stands.

10:00 rolled around quickly, and there went my night. :-/

But the hubs is happy, and drove the Beetle to work this morning... and I think he made it home. If it puts him in a better mood, that is all I want.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»