Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

friends by convenience...

This weekend we are going out of town to attend a birthday party for 'friends' of ours' son. The thing is, we're not really happy with said friends and we aren't looking forward to going.. at all.

It seems like our relationship with them is only 'on' when its convenient for them. It's even come to the point where they call us and act all buddy buddy whenever the husband needs his car worked on, or in this case, their son's birthday party. (I really think he will have a cow if Noah doesn't go)

In the past we've driven 190 miles every weekend to hang out with them and help build his car. Now let me just interject for a second and say that they are not down on their luck, they are not poor, they aren't even your average middle class family, they own a business and have cars that are just 'toys' that we can only dream about, so it's not like they couldn't pay to have their stuff worked on, or drive to our house more than 3 times in the past 3 years.

Dan and I have just come to a point where we can't afford to go up there every weekend, we own a home, have a family, and neither our wallets or our yard are in good shape from it.

The kicker for us was in the end of January, we were all going to a car show together, and we had planned on staying together in a their toy hauler since Christmas. Well, they decided not to bring the toy hauler mid-month, they called us up and said not to worry, we'll all just split a hotel room. The day we were leaving I got a text, "Can't wait for this weekend alone with my husband, no kids, Just us!" So, I had my husband give them a call, and he got the same response, in a 'oh, thought you knew' tone without even the hint of an apology.

We ended up camping in our bus, outside in January, freezing, in Miami..

The wife only cares about material things, she makes sure to flaunt whatever it is that hubby buys her, gets her hair done at the salon every day because she doesn't like the quality of water at her house. Now it sounds like I am really jealous, and it would be stupid if I said I wasn't. I mean, REALLY, Who wouldn't want all of that?

I just don't understand how someone can have all of that and not remember to ask people about how they are doing, instead of "What brand are those? Is that a (insert high dollar brand name here)?" She has actually asked me where I got my shoes while I was puking my guts out from the stomach flu last month. Oh, and then there was the snide "Oh did you get those at Ross? Isn't that where you get all your clothes?" While in my head I'm screaming "No, Bitch, I ordered them, and yes I do shop at Ross, I like to pay less than $100 for the same Michael Kors shirt your wearing!"

Am I being irrational for still being upset about it? Should we let it go, or is there enough evidence to prove that we're just wasting our time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»