Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Fitness Frenzy..

Another page turned in the weight loss chapter (or series or something) of this blog.

2 lbs. lost at this morning's weigh in! I wish I could just make it fall off faster (but that's every girls dream right?)

Since I started the "Shred" on Monday I've been noticing a change in the energy I have during the day, and I think it would be good if I did some other type of exercise in the evenings and switch Jillian's workout to mornings before work. (*side note, I am not a morning person, but the past two nights I've been waking up early and feel rested)

I started weighing my options and I've decided that to get more exercise I am going to buy a new bicycle. (My first adult bicycle)

I looked on Craigslist first, nothing or just junk was found. I quickly came to the conclusion that bicycles are expensive, especially if you want a good one.

My husband and I collect old Schwinn Stingray and Fairlady bicycles, but they're all small 20" (child's bicycles) with banana seats, and I look like a dork riding them around the neighborhood... More the reason that I want a big girl bike.

I shopped some bicycle sites, and decided that I just can't afford a new bicycle, and I might as well give up.

So I gave up for a couple of minutes... Then I thought to myself, you know what I'll check Target.com for bikes... I bet they have a cheap bicycle I can buy. I don't need any fancy $700+++ bicycle. While browsing I stumbled upon 'the one'.

It is made by Forge Bikes, and only sold by Target.com, but it has excellent reviews, and will suit all of my needs. It's a smaller bicycle built for women 4'8"-5'6".It is almost $200.. which is on the upper end of my price range, but I don't think I will find a better bike for less, and I love the style of it. I think I am going to order it tonight when I get home from work.. I am so excited!!

It has 6 speeds, an all aluminum frame, and a Shimano drivetrain.

Above all of that I love the looks of the Forge Coco. It is my style bicycle. I really thought I would be getting a hideous looking bike, but this one is absolutely perfect. I will post about the bike when I order it and it comes in the mail. I really can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»