Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend in Pictures...

My Sunday...

I really enjoy visiting places that have almost gotten lost in time. I absolutely love walking around sites that thousands upon thousands of people have traveled.

This weekend my husband, Sophie and I went up to DeBary to visit some friends. On our 4 hour drive home, I spotted a couple of places that I had to get a closer look at.. I brought my digital SLR along for the trip, but forgot to pack my memory card (damn!) Luckily I was armed with my point and shoot from work.

I am not satisfied with the little Kodak I used... not at all. The picture quality is alright, but the camera itself sucks. It has no viewfinder, and it has a touchscreen... which is great if you aren't outside in full sun. In full sun you can't see anything through the screen, and you have to guess at everything you're shooting. So here are a few of my guesstimated pictures...

This old motel was in Dundee, FL
Only the sign & office are still intact. The actual building itself has been torn down, and the only remnant of the building is the terrazzo slab. (I walked on the slab, through what used to be a doorway, pretended to use the shower, and the toilet-- yah I'm a dork)

Inside the office. I dig me some Teleprompter Cable.


This is the Lake Monroe Bridge in Sanford, FL
Now used as a fishing pier, the Lake Monroe Bridge was the first electronically operated swing bridge in Florida. It was built between 1932 and 1933.



Dan and Sophie taking in some fresh air.

2 comments:

Laura Lynn said...

Even w/the point and shoot - still cool!

Cristin said...

Thanks.. it was so hard to see what I was shooting.. it was more like guess and shoot... haha. I guess I should've checked my camera bag before I left.. could've gotten much cooler shots.

Post a Comment

Follow Share Next Blog»